OUR LICENSES ON THE NORWEGIAN SHELF

Valhall – PL 006B

The Valhall Field is a chalk field located in the southern most area of the Norwegian Continental Shelf approximately 290 km offshore in some 69 meter of water. The field was discovered in 1975, with a decision to develop the field taken in 1977, and first oil in 1982. The field marked 30 years of production in 2012.

The initial development concept consisted of a 3-platform complex, a ‘Quarter Platform (QP)’, a ‘Drilling Platform (DP)’ and a ‘Process & Compressor Platform (PCP)’. Later in 1995, a fourth platform was added, the ‘Wellhead Platform (WP)’ to provide additional slots for drilling. In 2002, the partnership approved a water injection program for the field and the ‘Injection Platform (IP)’ was installed in 2005. In 2003, two new unmanned platforms were installed on the North and South flanks, respectively, to get better access to reservoir targets in those areas.

In 2013, the new ‘Production and Hotel (PH)’ platform was commissioned with production start-up 26th January, 2013.

The Valhall field has been undergoing a major redevelopment of its aging facilities (QP, DP, PCP) in the central part of the field, a project called Valhall Re-Development.¨

The image gives a schematic view of the platform locations and the reservoir.

Valhall

The operator of the Valhall field is BP Norge AS, 35.95%, with Hess Norge AS holding the remaining 64.05%.

 

Hod – PL 033 / PL 033B

The Hod field isin communication with the Valhall field through the saddle area at the South Flank. First oil from Hod, which has produced through an 8-slot unmanned platform, was in September 1990. Recovery to date is approximately 10% of its original oil in place. There are currently no active wells producing from the Hod Platform, although there are four producers in the South Flank of the Valhall field draining volumes from both the Valhall and Hod field licenses.

The operator of the Hod field is BP Norge AS, 37.50%, with Hess Norge AS holding the remaining 62.50%.



Print this page